Find out more about prohibited goods.
GOODS FORBIDDEN IN CHECKED OR HAND BAGGAGE
- Blue flame or Cigar lighters, Strike anywhere matches.
- Corrosives substances.
- Disabling devices such as mace, pepper spray, etc. containing an irritant or incapacitating substance.
- Electro shock weapons (e.g. tasers) containing dangerous goods such as explosives, compressed gases, lithium batteries etc.
- Explosives, fireworks and flares.
- Flammable liquids, such as lighter fuels, paints and thinner.
- Flammable solids, such as matches and articles which are easily ignited; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances which on contact with water emit flammable gases.
- Gases (flammable, non-flammable, deeply refrigerated and poisonous), such as camping gas, lighter refills and aerosols.
- Infectious substances (blood products and biological samples, human or animal origin).
- Magnetized materials.
- Meals-ready-to-eat (MRE).
- Oxidizing substances, such as bleaching powder and peroxides.
- Poisonous and toxic substances, such as pesticides, insecticides, weed killers, etc.
- Radioactive materials.
- Internal combustion engines or fuel cell engines transported individually or incorporated into a machine.
- Battery powered wheelchairs or mobility aids with spillable wet batteries (acid based).
- Any damaged, defective or recalled lithium batteries.
- Medical oxygen, gaseous or air cylinders, required for medical use.Service may be provided by TAROM only, for a fee.
- Security type equipment containing pyrotechnic or explosive substance.
- Camping stoves and fuel containers.
- Any auto-balanced vehicles powered by lithium batteries, e.g. hoverboards, airboards, oxboards, e-skates, Segway, waveboards, Urunners, etc.
- Baggage equipped with a lithium battery, other than lithium button cells, where the lithium battery is designed to charge other devices and cannot be removed.
- Batteries without markings/labels or where the markings/labels are unreadable.
- Battery-powered lighters powered by a lithium ion or lithium metal battery (e.g. laser plasma lighters, tesla coil lighters, flux lighters, arc lighters and double arc lighters) without a safety cap or means of protection against unintentional activation.
- Baggage with installed non-removable lithium batteries exceeding–0.3 g lithium metal or 2.7 Wh. Baggage.
- “Strike anywhere” matches, “Blue flame” or “Cigar” lighters or lighters powered by a lithium battery without a safety cap or means of protection against unintentional activation.
GOODS FORBIDDEN IN HAND BAGGAGE
- Blades and any sharp, blunt, metallic or non-metallic items (e.g. nail scissors, razor blades,etc.).
- Hunting and sport weapon cartridges and ammunition.
- Perfume bottles exceeding 100 ml / 3.4 fl. Oz.
- Cosmetic aerosol containers exceeding 100 ml / 3.4 fl. Oz.
- Toy guns or gun replicas.
- Thermometer, medical or clinical, which contains mercury. May be carried only in checked baggage, maximum one (1) per person for personal use, when in its protective case
The full list of prohibited articles in carry-on baggage, according to (EU) Regulation no. 1998/2015, can be found here.
GOODS FORBIDDEN IN CHECKED BAGGAGE
- Spare lithium batteries.
- Electronic Cigarettes containing batteries (including e-cigars, e-pipes, other personal vaporizers containing batteries) and any associated spare batteries.
- Fuel cells containing fuel, powering portable electronic devices (e.g. cameras, cellular phones, laptop computers and camcorders).