Bucharest - Sofia
- Flights starting March 05, 2021
- 2 flights per week - Monday and Friday
- Monday RO291 - 08:05 OTP - 09:20 SOF/ RO292 - 09:50 SOF - 10:55 OTP
- Friday RO297 - 18:00 OTP - 19:15 SOF/ RO298 - 19:45 SOF - 20:50 OTP
Sofia is the capital of Bulgaria and the largest city of the country, its economic and social centre. A city in full process of development, it is an attraction for youth as it is the most prestigious university centre with a very old university, St. Clement of Ohrid.
Many architectural monuments can be visited in Sofia, such as Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the largest in the Balkan Peninsula and built to celebrate the victory in the Independence War; Ivan Vazov Nationak Theatre, Palace of Justice, St. George church, the oldest in the city, Rafaela Gallery, which displays numerous Bulgarian orthodox icons. The city is also famous for Boyana church, which was declared UNESCO cultural site.
Sofia also has very many parks and tourists often choose to visit the surroundings, making trips on Mount Vitosha, an excellent relaxation place. Moreover, it is a city with a spectacular night life, having many night clubs, bars, pubs, casinos, mehanas (traditional Bulgarian taverns) and restaurants, also holding many open-air concerts.
No matter if you choose Sofia as a touristic destination or a business destination, we invite you to book your plane tickets for an unforgettable experience.
For all flights with TAROM, you will benefit of the following free services:
- Free transport of baggage of up to 23 kg (1 piece of baggage for Economy Class; 3 pieces of baggage for Business Class)+10 kg of hand baggage. More details here.
- Free check-in in the airport , at the kiosk, online and on the mobile phone. More details about online check-in here.
- For online check-in on flights operated by TAROM from Sofia click here.
- How do I get from the airport to the city;
- Distance from the airport: 10 km.